ACCOMPLISHING A COMPUTING TASK
June 25, 2013
[MY COMPUTER TUTORIALS]
Remember, there are some commonly known tasks to perform in any office program. One- is to open a file, secondly- create a new one, 3rdly-save it , and fourthly- close the file/document, and or print.
- It is imperative to know, how to type text in a text box [through a pop-up dialogue box, when you will sometimes download a file].
- You will somehow compose a letter in a document in the future, so typing text in a document involves the I-beam pointer, [when the mouse pointer is in use; in the document window, [i.e. WordPad, Notepad, MS Word, ETC], It becomes the I-Beam pointer.
- If you're still holding your mouse pointer on your computer screen (Mouse Pointer is like a tiny arrow), But Once you open your word document and position that mouse pointer to anywhere in the window document text area, the mouse pointer becomes or looks like an ( I-Beam Pointer).
- The I beam Pointer looks like a capital I, (below image).
- Every time you open up any document program for a computing task and or working with text task, you will notice right away the (Insertion Pointer), is blinking in the text entry area.
- You will notice that; while you are entering text in the document window, (the Insertion Point), moves and blinks as you type along.
- To edit text, Positioning the mouse pointer-(I-Beam pointer), over to the typed text and then do a single- click with the mouse, the Insertion point will insert itself to any position within the typed texts to correct any mistake.
- Use the Space -bar to separate texts and or words.
- Delete and also Backspace erases any texts errors.
- Caps- makes it capitalizes the word. Press once to cap it, press again to turn it off.
- Press Enter key; after typing text in the search box and or internet browser to find information, [ex. Idyllic vacation spot].
- No need to press the Enter key when you reach the right margin of your page-document; most Windows programs already contain a feature called word wrap, meaning, it will automatically continue your next word on the next line. You must press Enter key only, once you completed your paragraph. Then your insertion point will move to the next line.
- P.S. familiarize yourself with the period or dot key, and other special characters on the keyboard.
|Word pad window|
Just click on Save, if you will save it for the first time, because you have no idea what kind of file-type it is. The file is automatically saved in that application you are using; so just click on save then name the document. At the bottom of the dialogue box, you will find out the document you're saving in its' own file type, (.RTF, etc.).
|Saving the file for the First Time|
Name the file with a name that you can easily remember then click save. Saving the file needs some constant attention, so to avoid losing your project; just click on the little envelope icon; (bluish in color). Unless, the application you are using is in auto-save mode or programmed it that way.