July 24, 2013
[MY COMPUTER TUTORIALS]
Guidelines : Remember a Folder Name, can have up to 255 characters, except= / \ : " * ? < > or |
- I usually make a new folder to keep my images and mp3s. But for my financial transactions, I use the Briefcase, (brown colour). For Windows, To make a New Folder /Briefcase on the desktop, Right click anywhere on your desktop. but also on a blank area, point your arrow to New Folder/ New Briefcase then click on it, Rename the New Folder /Briefcase, Press Enter key on your keyboard to save it.
- For Windows, we'll use file, or windows explorer to create a folder.
- In the left pane, click that drive or folder where you want that new folder to be created.
- Right-click a blank area in the folder window, point to New, and then click Folder.
- Type a name for the folder, and then press the Enter key on your keyboard to save it.
- The New Folder , is selected and ready for you to replace- the name and or rename.
- Rename the new folder with whatever name you want, just make sure, it is a memorable name for you to remember or search for that folder name, at a later date or whenever you need it.
- Press the enter key on your keyboard, to save it.
- We will create 2 folders, namely, for example; Salsa Festival, and the Lilac Festival , and then you will be ready to download and or organize all the pictures , (that you can ever find from Internet Web Pages: from these 2 different events that just happened in Calgary), by placing them into their appropriate folders.