Translate

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

SOLVING GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER INCOMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8, & 8.1 OPERATING SYSTEM

SOLVING THE GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER INCOMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8 OS [Operating System].


April 23, 2014
[MY COMPUTER TUTORIALS]

·         This tutorial applies to Windows 8, 8.1 OS. [P.S. I used this tutorial for my Windows 7 OS, also]. 

For some reason, my cousin from Hongkong’s  [laptop-Google Chrome browser],  stopped working and It was so frustrating for her, because of course she was used to this browser ever since she arrived in Canada.  [I have given her a tutorial for it and now she doesn’t want to use any other browser except Google].

By the way, she has this Toshiba laptop with Windows 8 OS [Operating System], and also with Start button that I downloaded, [P.S.Label-Pokki Start Menu].

Furthermore, I didn’t want to upgrade her laptop to Windows 8.1 OS, although it is offered free from Microsoft. My point is my cousin uses her laptop only just to communicate to her friends and family across the globe, so that’s why she didn’t want to have any more changes. [I can’t blame her, since the OS probably she’s used to operate was the Windows XP which was very simple and easy to use. So what I did with her Windows 8 mode -LIVE tile screen was; I have hidden mostly the programs she has, I only left her Desktop live tile for her to click on since, she’s so overwhelmed with all those applications and programs blinking on her windows 8 mode screen. 

  • Well, first thing I did was right click on the Google chrome browser icon while on desktop mode and select troubleshoot compatibility, then wait and follow the prompts.
Step 1.) Right- click on the Google Chrome browser icon on your desktop; [desktop mode].



Select Trouble compatibility, click on it.


Step 2.)


Program compatibility troubleshooter

Step 3.)



Troubleshooting result; Select option 1. [try recommended settings]


Step 4.) Follow the prompts:



Once you click on Test the Program, Google Chrome browser, window will pop up and  try to  run.

Step 5.)


TADA! It works!

Step 6.)

  • Now save the preferred settings for the program you were having problems with, to make it compatible with windows 8, & 8.1 OS.

You must save the settings


Step  7.) Google Chrome is now programmed to make it  compatible with windows 8 .1 OS.



Trouble shooting  succeeded. [close the program compatibility troubleshooter]

  • I told my cousin to embrace the modern generation and experience the new technology which I find it really interesting than those previous OS I have had.  I still have the Windows 7 though, [for a backup] which I use sometimes for editing,  and publishing pages for my website.

  Google Chrome Browser Incompatibility with Win 8, and or 8.1 OS


No comments: